Wednesday, May 2, 2012

HOW I SEARCH FOR THINGS ON THE INTERNET

Picture this:

I've just got home after a long hard working day at school. I'm tired and I don't want any nonsense. After a while of trying to do it, my (for instance) R.S. homework proves too hard and I get stuck on a question that I decide I'm going to look the answer to up on the internet. The question: Describe in depth the 7th commandment? As I said before I don't want any nonsense and so to get my answer as quickly as possible I need to search precisely. To show you what I mean here is an example: If you search on google "The commandments" all the search results are about the 10 of them as a whole and it is hard to find a website where it goes into detail about what the 7th commandment means although they tell you what it is. If you search, however, "What is the 7th commandment?" you are presented with websites which focus solely on the 7th commandment and describing it in depth which helps me answer my homework question easily.

The way this works is I have learnt through experience that search results are listed by use of keywords so when I searched only "The commandments" I was presented with an overview of all of the 10 commandments however, when I added "the 7th" to my search this was added as a new keyword and so was focused on in the search result changing the results to what I was looking for. These slight changes in the keywords you use in your internet searches could make a lot of difference and cut down your searching time dramatically!

Thanks for reading :-)     

No comments:

Post a Comment